Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ever in Windhoek, Namibia ? Stop at .....


To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.

- Mohandas K. Gandhi

Hiya

I was suppose to start a segment about cool little stores or places I found interesting in Stockholm and the first place I found was/is just wonderful, however, most of the products from that store come from Japan and Asia. I felt with what had happened, I decided to hold off that post for a little later. But, I am a planner and I have things in my arsenal for emergency situations, so, I remembered that when I was in Windhoek, I made a stop with my mom at this garden place. Now, I don't mean to brag, but I have a green thumb, it seems whatever I planted into the ground seems to grow (thats also a philosophy I have in my own personal life). And basically, I love to get down on my knees and play with soil and plant something. Take note - I like to play and plant. I don't like to water (yet somehow, even without much watering my seeds seem to grow and that goes for anything, Vegetables, flowers and fruit). And with the busy things we had to do in Windhoek, my mom and I decided to head over to this fabulous place for some relaxation. Its kinda like our version of a spa, without all the people touching our bodies and oils and things. lol.

So, if you are Ever in Windhoek, and I do hope you do get a chance to go to Namibia, make a stop at Ferreira's. Not just for the gorgeous plants, flowers and garden tools.But for a whole new way to look at gardening. You could literally find yourself there for hours, just strolling down the walk ways, or having something to eat at the deli/cafe, or finding some cute outfit at the clothing store, or having a chat with the very experienced staff members about whatever it is you are looking for, trust me, you won't leave empty handed. My mom (and dad) would go there every Saturday, just to sit under the huge trees or walk amongst the flowers. There is also a small area for children, so basically the whole family can go (there is enough parking, so no worries there). The prices are very reasonable and I honestly think, people go for far more than just plants. Its truly a garden paradise.

Here are some pictures I took. And yes, these are all my own pictures, No Google image and paste. These were taken by myself and Nico (thats my camera - Yes, he has a name. No, I don't think thats weird).


This is the place.

The sun hit this 'Elephant' just perfectly.
Plant /pot holders.
I love this little guy!!!!!!
More gorgeous-ness.
Lovely plants, just waiting to be taken home by you.
Eat the Herbs too!!!!!!!
See anything you like?
Cactus!!!!
Love this, they just chillin'

Name: Ferreira's Nursery Garden Landscaping center
Location: Mandume Ndemufayo Ave
Ausspannplatz
Windhoek, Namibia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!