Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Abuja Pictures!!!!!

The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself.

- Henry Miller

Hello, so I finally put up some pictures of Abuja, Nigeria. FINALLY!!!!!!

As I have posted before, I lived in Nigeria from December 2009 to October 2010. Actually during my lifetime, I have lived in Zambia for plus 6 years, Namibia for 15 years, Austria for 7 and a half years and Nigeria for about 10 months and now I have been in Sweden for thus far 5 months, I am planning another move(s) soon (that's on the hush hush for now). Basically, I like moving around.

Coming from Southern Africa, I had never been to West Africa before (but I had been to Zambia, Zimbabwe and Botswana - I haven't been to South Africa yet even though it borders Namibia!!!!!!) and my only interaction with Nigerians in Namibia was a guy in my high school. And of course what you hear and read about Nigeria and Nigerians. My experiences in Nigeria were both negative and positive, but overall I enjoyed my time there. I enjoyed the people that I met, the food that was wonderful to eat, the amazing weather, the culture, the languages, the music and the movies!!!!! I love Nigerian films, even still now, I watch them on Youtube.

Anyways, onto the pictures.



This is Aso Rock.


This is the Abuja National Mosque.



These next few pictures are from the Arts and Craft Village, which is not far from the Mosque.

The legend about these bags is that, in the olden days, warriors would keep poison or medicinal medicines in these pouches so thus they are very precious. Don't let the picture fool you, they are heavy!!!!! I bought one for my self after much negotiations hahhahahhaha.




These next few pictures were of an exhibition of Traditional Nigerian Tribal attire. I couldn't tell you which tribe wears what. Or from what region something comes from. Sorry......but hey if you know, you can let me know.










The next pictures were taken at a Cultural evening. There were many traditional dances, singers and story tellers. Again, I am very bad with the information. I just take photo's.







A Polo match. Yep people, We Africans play Polo!!!!!!!!!

Thats it for now, look out for the second installments of Abuja Pictures. In case you are wondering these are my own photos, no Google images and paste here. I told you, I carry my Nico everywhere. Nico is my camera. Yes, I named it. Don't act like you don't name things, you know you do!!!!!!!

Love, Blessings and Travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!