Sunday, May 29, 2011
I haven't forgotten you guys, but trying to log onto blogger and trying to post and put up pictures is giving me a headache and really getting to me, so I think, I will take a break until I return to Sweden and try posting from there. However, I see I aint the only one having hassles, so I am sure y'all will understand.
No worries, I will be back in Stockholm, next week Saturday, so its only a week left then its back to my regular scheduled programming lol.
Blessings, Joy and Peace
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
- Author Unknown
So I woke up to a Finnish/English Birthday song and tons of messages from my friends, family and ex- boyfriends (two remembered). So after dolling myself up, I hit the town for a little shopping and am now just getting ready for a wonderful meal with the lovely people I am living with whilst on this trip..... Pictures will be up shortly. For now, I am about to get a glass of some bubbly, listen to the radio (we are getting a Namibian radio station via the internet) so its great to hear music from back home. Got my dancing shoes on and I look cute........ Happy Birthday to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blessings, Love and Celebrations.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
- Abraham Lincoln
So I know everyone is waiting for pictures but just bare with me a little longer, they are coming..... I just wanted to put a little something something before tomorrow. You know celebrate my last day as 28 year old, dont get me wrong I dont feel bad about getting old(er) except for the new grey hairs I found, but I got something for those babies.......... I actually like getting older because, firstly, I dont look it. And since I am short, most people think I am in my early 20s and late teens (Thank You Nigeria - I honestly think if any women feels bad about her age go to Naija, you will be guareenteed to be much younger.....) and I feel a lot younger than my years, but I am a whole lot wiser.......
So what have I accomplished in 28 years:
1) Published my own Poetry in South Africa
2) Moved to a different continent
3) Lived on my own
4) Worked as a teacher in a foreign country
5) Met Michael Jackson (in Namibia)
6) Met Nelson Mandela (in Namibia)
7) Entered in a beauty contest and made it to the top 10.
8) Almost finished my degree (thats a post by itself lol)
9) Had my heart broken ( and I got through that very well)
10) Started my own blog..... and am continuing with it......
11) Worked as a television presenter for a children's programme
12) Worked for a radio station as an on-air presenter
13) Worked for a youth newspaper as a columist
14) Tried, tried, tried and tried to get my driver's licence ( we dont know eachother well enough for a post on that one......) But I can drive and park and reverse, its the system ya'll, They are trying to keep a sista away from getting hers.
15) Got a yellow belt in Tae Kwon do (am going for that Black belt - watch this space)
16) Traveled around ( Berlin, Bratislava, In Austria, Abuja, In Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, London and Helsinki ----- more to add)
17) Painted and took part in a art exhibition with an installation I did with bits and bobs from a refuge dump).....
18) Walked without built up shoes - something I have done for my whole life
There are more, I just cant think of them....... Good friends, great family, wonderful people that have come through my life and left a mark and so forth......
I look forward to the next phase of my life......... A lot more living to do...... So here's a toast to a great 28 years to Moi.
Blessings. Joy and Celebrations.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
- Yogi Berra
Ok, so this week I will be blogging from Helsinki as well as Hyvinkää, Finland!!!!!!! I will be here for about 2 weeks, so expect tons of pictures, places of interest, some shopping [shoes anyone?] and everything inbetween. Ohhhhhh did I mention its my birthday in a few days? I will be 29 years young on the 25 of May, so yep that also to look forward to.
Peace, Love and Finland
Friday, May 20, 2011
So I know this Week was very lacking in posts but please just bare with Me, as I am currently typing I am also packing a Little suitcase because Bruno and I are off again. Tomorrow I Will be in a different Capital city.
Blessings, Joy and Flight plans
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Monday, May 16, 2011
Sunday, May 15, 2011
So the plan is to remain with this for another week, do a twist out and then re-twist. I think I may have found a summer style.
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Friday, May 6, 2011
Monday, May 2, 2011
The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.
- Elizabeth Foley