- Mohandas K. Gandhi
Morning all !!!!!
In the pursuit of moisture for my hair, I came across Glycerin. I read read read on it. Asked around and went shopping. And yep I found some!!!!!! But first let me tell you what I know about Glycerin :
This is pure Glycerin. I found mine at my local Indian store.
- Glycerin comes from the soup making process and it is a neutral colour which is thick and sweet tasting (will take their word for it). Vegetable glycerin is a food grade product which is derived from vegetable oil.
- its a skin friendly humectant (basically it attracts water to hair and skin)
- Its a solvent and is great for hair growth
- Its also great for dry skin because it improves and protects ths skin as well as helping to build an even skin structure. It attracts just the right amount of moisture to hydrate the skin.
- Glycerine can be mixed with essential oils ( Jojoba oil, Tea Tree oil etc) and carrier oils, water and honey.
Note: Glycerine can be used in its pure form, but in limited quantities. It can be used directly on the sin as a moisturizer or can be added to both water, creams and lotions.