Thursday, February 26, 2015

Cantu Twist and Lock gel

'There is beauty in Simplicity'.- Anon

Hi my people
Its almost Friday!!!!! Ok we got that out the way, Cantu moisturizing twist and lock gel is a product I bought recently, as in January. The shop that I normally go to for my natural hair products was out of stock and I remembered on Facebook there was a Cantu Namibia page so I hooked up with the owner and asked for her product and price list and there I bought this and Eco styler which I will post about tomorrow.  I love this for the fact that I do a lot of twists and I wanted something specifically for twists and for when I do my individual braids. 


Cantu Twist and Lock Gel


No Sulfates, Silicones, Parabens or Mineral oil





What it says
Moisturizes, de-frizzes and adds manageability to your twists and locks, leaving them soft and shiny.  Made with 100% Pure Shea Butter and formulated without harsh ingredients, Cantu for Natural Hair restores your real, authentic beauty. Embrace your curly, kinky or wavy hair with Cantu for Natural Hair. 


The look is like fluffy whitish clouds


The consistency


Ingredients include
- Aloe Vera gel
- Coconut oil
- Shea butter
- Olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Mango seed oil
- Argan oil
- Carrot seed oil
- Sea Kelp
- Macademia seed oil
- Grape seed oil
- Sage
- Silk amino acids
- Soybean oil
- Sweet almond oil
- Jojoba oil
- Neem seed oil

So its got tons of the good stuff. Now the hold isn't very strong, but for me that's fine. I like my twists to have some movement and no be hard. I also like a product that I can during my wash days wash over and it doesn't leave me with build up. Even though this does have tons of oils in it I still prefer to oil my scalp and my ends. I just like having more oil on my hair. That's just Moi.

This is a good little product for me because I have noticed that I little goes a very long way and thus I end up using very little hence why I still have a full jar.

I like The Cantu products that I have. They have worked well with my hair type (which I still don't know), they work well with my grape seed oil  and they play nice with my Tresemme  naturals conditioner which I use as a leave in.  And most importantly they are reasonably priced for me. Win win all around.

I would like to try the other Cantu products like the conditioner, repair mask, deep conditioner and shampoo, so will see what the rest of the year holds in terms of trying them out but for now the two which I have, I am very happy with.

So yeps that's it for Cantu.

Freedom, Thursdays and Love

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review! I'll definitely have to try this product out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!