Friday, February 20, 2015

Afrorage feature

´Sisterhood:  Here´s to good woman. May we raise them. May we know them.  May we be them´.- anon


Hi all, its Friday!!!!!!

Being back home in Windhoek, has opened my eyes to a whole new network of social groups which I have embraced with open arms. I was recently asked to be featured for a website dedicated to African woman and our hair. I was asked a few questions and I sent in my pics.

A quick bio of Afrorage is that its a site started  by 3 sisters and their mom who all have natural hair and best bit they are mixologist who make and sell their own products. I had a chance to smell and see their stuff and as soon as i am done with my stash, I am on to theirs. Yáll know i will try any and Everything right?!

I admire and respect sisters who appreciate and give love to the African woman and her natural hair style because let me tell you, we don´t get that much love in the motherland. The natural hair community is small and growing but we have to fight for our voices and our looks to be appreciated here in Namibia. For every 1 Natural haired lady, you will find 10 weaved ladies. Our own beauty and essences is covered as though we as a whole are ashamed. So I am grateful for a platform that encourages us, appreciates and welcomes us.

One of the great things about having a blog is the somewhat anonymity it provides you and when you get approached to be featured it kinda makes you ´famous´ and gives you this great acknowledgement of your work that says hey, I am reading, I see you, I feel you and I appreciate you. I felt this way after being featured on Afrorage, this feeling of acceptance, So please go over and show some love.

Link up to them on facebook as well and show them some love.

Facebook page - Afrorage
Website - Afrorage

Peace, Love and Afrorage


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!