Wednesday, February 25, 2015

As I am double butter cream review

'Beauty isn't about having a pretty face.  It is about having a pretty mind, a pretty heart and most importantly, a beautiful soul'.- rule of being a lady


Happy Wednesday everyone!!!!!

Let me start by saying, I MISS MY HAIR!!!!! So I may take out this do this weekend and rock a braid out. I just seriously miss washing it and styling it. If I do take out the braid up it would have been styled that way for 2 weeks. Less than the original 4 weeks I wanted but I miss playing in it. 

Anyways, moving along, so last year when I went hair product shopping I also bought the below product which is by As I Am and its a double butter cream daily moisturizer. 

This here for coils and curls

Double Butter cream


Now I loved loved loved everything in it which includes Cocoa Butter, Shea butter, Jojoba oil, Sugar beet root, Wheat germ oil, Vegetable glycerin, Wheat Protein, Panthenol and Lanolin. Every. Thing. Except the price. I found it too expensive compared to my Cantu cream. It was actually the same price and this container is smaller!!!!!! Now I already spoke about how its difficult to get products here and not many shops carrying Natural Products from the USA and all but man, I wanted to love it but the price put me off.  I actually tried this before I tried the Cantu and this had me.



I have this much left... 



I decided to rather gift it to Maya and put it in her hair. Her hair loves it and I don't use as much on her head as I would on my hair. I may purchase it again if I have the money ready. I wont be happy about it but my baby's hair smells so good and it makes it nice and soft. So yeah.

This is the consistency


All in all, I really really did love this in my hair but because my hair is soo thick and long I needed more so I ended up using quite a lot. I may at some point check out other As I Am products that get sold here (the store is currently out of stock with everything!!!). I may also revisit this for myself again. Just to see if I am still in Love. Which by the smell of this baby, I still am. 


I used this in two strand twists and individual braids. They held up pretty good and I didn't need to moisturize as often. This packs a punch in terms of moisture. My hair was consistently soft, well moisturized and beautiful. Just beautiful. 

Sometimes being a Product Junkie is hard. The choices are limited, the prices are high and the time is well.... tooo damn short!!!!! A day in  the life of an African Product Junkie, coming to a bookshop near you!!!!

I send out loving messages to The Universe, Please let me be great!!!! Let me be the kind of Product Junkie I truly believe in my heart I am. I only ask for all the products  and accessories I want at reasonable prices or for free. Which ever. Thanks. Desh.



Peace, Love and As I am 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!