Sunday, April 22, 2012

Vegetarian Cooking workshop

'Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet'.  Albert Einstein 

Blessed Sunday everyone

Recently I took part in a Sattvic Cooking Workshop. Sattvic or Yogic food is that which is pure, wholesome and clean meaning uncontaminated. 

We learnt how to make Moong Dal Salad, Poha (rice flakes with vegetables), Dry & Lquid Urd Dal, Palak Paneer ( spinach with cottage cheese), Chapati, Fresh Bael Sarbat, Juck Fruit Pullow and a Green Chutney. Below are some pictures I took. Thank Heavens for my wonderful camera Rocco!!!!!


Bael fruit


yummy veggies

Moong Dal (yellow lentils) with fresh shavings of coconut

rice flakes

Jackfruit again 
 
cut up cucumber and tomatoes for the Moong Dal

I love this set up!!!!!! 
 
Me doing my part and chopping up spinach...

Paneer

I so need a spice tray like this. This one has turmeric, cloves, mustard seeds, lentils, red chilli flakes, coriander and cumin 

bay leaves and cumin frying in some oil

Palak Paneer (Spinach with cottage cheese)

Chapati - flour and water

hand rolled balls ready to be flattened

Liquid Urd Dal (lentils with tomatoes)

Fresh Bael Sarbat ( a cold refreshing drink)

My complete meal. 

Moong Dal Salad, Chapati, Palak Paneer, Poha, Dry Urd Dal, Green Chutney

Not a bad way to spend a Saturday morning, I would say. I am seriously beginning to really enjoy Vegetarian food. I mean before I would just eat, now I enjoy the process of eating, I watch exactly what I am putting into my system and have an awareness of the benefits as well as how I am eating, my mood. I have learnt to be silent when I eat and to give proper Thanks during this time.

Joy, Love and Food

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!