Monday, April 1, 2013

Skin care and hair care products

'Do you love me because I am beautiful or am I beautiful because you love me?' - Oscar Hammerstein, II

Hi all

So am in my 35th week and still 3 weeks to go. So excited now. Two midwife appointments, a sonar scan, meeting with my medical staff and my sister is coming, all in 24 days !!!!!!!  Last week, was hard to sleep and its not getting any better, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel lol. I know it will all be worth it when I have my baby in my hands. I just need to make sure Baby Afropean stays put.


 I said I would do a quick post about the products I am currently using for my skin and hair. So here is what I use. 


Shea Butter Mix and Aloe Vera Gel



Whipped Shea Butter Mix

Oily and creamy enough for me

My new love.

Shea Butter Mix: I whipped Shea butter with coconut oil and  sweet almond oil with a generous helping of Aloe Vera gel. That's it. Very basic. I use this mix for my hair and my skin. 

I also apply just the Aloe Vera gel to my skin where I have my belly band and under my eyes. And if I don't forget, then I apply it nightly to my face before I hit the sack.

This week, I plan on deep conditioning my hair, washing it and then adding this cream concoction than braiding my hair for a few weeks. I wanted to hold off until maybe 20th April, but I cant manage my hair anymore. Lets just say, I must have missed that whole, hair growth, lush and full and beautiful hair part of pregnancy, because my hair fell out in the front, its dry, its breaking, and I have split ends from hell. So after baby gets here and we have a routine going, will figure out what to do. But for now, its braids. I keep telling myself, its just hair. No worries. Will sort it out later after my Love is born.

Note: Please if you do decide to use my Shea Butter mixture recipe please first do an allergy test against the Almond oil. Some people are allergic to it. I am not a doctor nor am I a professional. This concoction is one I have done for my self and have been using all these products for a long while now. 


Peace, Blessings and Concoctions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!