Thursday, April 4, 2013

249 Days

'I Love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I Love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride. So I Love you because I know no other way'. - Pablo Neruda

Hellooooooo

So according to my app, I am exactly 249 days pregnant!!!! Seems a lot huh?  All I know is I am 35 weeks and 4 day or more precisely Baby Afropean will be here in exactly 20 days. Yep TWENTY days. Tomorrow will be 19, then Saturday 18 and Sunday 17 and Monday...... you get my drift. Baby is coming fast. These last few days have been kicking my butt, am totally taking things easy now. Like 'Easy like Sunday Morning' (Thank You Mr Richie!!!). 

Yesterday, Boo and I went to the mall to buy Afropean Baby's coming home from the hospital outfit. I wanted something festive and gender neutral, even though we know the sex of the baby. And here is what we picked out. 

Very colorful

No better mathematics!!!!!

Cutest socks EVER!!!!!!

 ohhhhh I just love it. 

The yellow jersey and socks were bought by ouma (grandmother) aka, my mom. If there is anyone more excited about Baby then its my mom, this is her first grandchild. and she has waited 31 years for this day lol. So you can only imagine how excited she is, as is my dad. And well my brother and sister, our older (half) sister already has 3 kids, but from the 3 of us from my mom, I am the first to go down the family route. So we know Baby Afropean will be nicely spoilt till my siblings have their own babies.

Also, if Baby sticks to schedule, which I really hope Baby does, then we will have the coolest birth dates EVER!!!! 23, 24 and 25. My man was born on a 23rd, I was born on a 25th and Baby will hopefully be born on the 24th. So Baby needs to stay put and enjoy the free food,  somewhat limited space and kick away lol hahahahahha.

For me, need to finalize my hospital bag, do my music playlist, braid my hair and wait for my sister to get here. I take each day as it comes, lots of rest, feet up, massaging the belly with my Shea Mix - its expanding more (how I don't know) and itching and am getting a few stretch marks (warrior stripes if you will), so need to keep it nice and moisturized and a few more photo-shoots.  Last Baby sonar tomorrow. Three more midwives appointments and then medical team meeting and sister coming. That's just what must be done in 20 days!!!!! Ohhhhhhh Spring is slowly creeping!!!! There is still snow, but its melting and sun shines everyday. Winter coats are packed away!!!!! So excited now really.

Love, Joy and Counting Down


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!