Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Delhi Pictures part 1

'The traveler was active; he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure of experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. He goes sightseeing'. - Daniel J Boorstin

Hi all

So here are some photo's I took whilst on a Delhi tour recently. The tour itself was great, pur guide was fantastic, knowledable and very funny. He explained everything to me and answered any questions that I had. The tour was from 9 till 6 in the afternoon with lunch inbetween.

Me at the Qutub Minar

Mahatma Gandhi memorial

Bahai Temple/ Lotus Temple



Now the lunch was FABULOUS!!!!! We went to a local canteen and the food prepared there was South Indian cuisine - this food is rice based. I was given a metal tray with yellow rice, yogurt, small chapattis and papadums and then someone came to fill up with normal white rice, banana with veggies, pepper veggies, dal, a kind of shredded pineapple sweets and some hot spicy sauce (I cant remember the name). I loved it. I used my fingers to eat and it was great. I like spicy for me, but you only live once and I am here to try everything out. Apart from having eaten Chapatis and samosas, this was my real first time eating Indian food. I shied away due to the spicyness. But no more. Me loves. Well, I have yet to actually try hot hot HOT spicy food. But for now, mild is good. Also my meal was full vegetarian. Which was a nice change for me. I am slowly getting back into vegetarianism.

That's it for now. Still tired from all the walking - ohhhh I visited a few temples that I will explain about at a later time and I had to take my shoes off and walk round barefoot. My poor little feet!!!!! They finally got a full workout. Very happy, but very tired feet.

My classes have started and I will do a blog post about what I am study here in India.

Joy, Peace and Food

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!