'And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years'.
- Abraham Lincoln
So I know everyone is waiting for pictures but just bare with me a little longer, they are coming..... I just wanted to put a little something something before tomorrow. You know celebrate my last day as 28 year old, dont get me wrong I dont feel bad about getting old(er) except for the new grey hairs I found, but I got something for those babies.......... I actually like getting older because, firstly, I dont look it. And since I am short, most people think I am in my early 20s and late teens (Thank You Nigeria - I honestly think if any women feels bad about her age go to Naija, you will be guareenteed to be much younger.....) and I feel a lot younger than my years, but I am a whole lot wiser.......
So what have I accomplished in 28 years:
1) Published my own Poetry in South Africa
2) Moved to a different continent
3) Lived on my own
4) Worked as a teacher in a foreign country
5) Met Michael Jackson (in Namibia)
6) Met Nelson Mandela (in Namibia)
7) Entered in a beauty contest and made it to the top 10.
8) Almost finished my degree (thats a post by itself lol)
9) Had my heart broken ( and I got through that very well)
10) Started my own blog..... and am continuing with it......
11) Worked as a television presenter for a children's programme
12) Worked for a radio station as an on-air presenter
13) Worked for a youth newspaper as a columist
14) Tried, tried, tried and tried to get my driver's licence ( we dont know eachother well enough for a post on that one......) But I can drive and park and reverse, its the system ya'll, They are trying to keep a sista away from getting hers.
15) Got a yellow belt in Tae Kwon do (am going for that Black belt - watch this space)
16) Traveled around ( Berlin, Bratislava, In Austria, Abuja, In Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, London and Helsinki ----- more to add)
17) Painted and took part in a art exhibition with an installation I did with bits and bobs from a refuge dump).....
18) Walked without built up shoes - something I have done for my whole life
There are more, I just cant think of them....... Good friends, great family, wonderful people that have come through my life and left a mark and so forth......
I look forward to the next phase of my life......... A lot more living to do...... So here's a toast to a great 28 years to Moi.
Blessings. Joy and Celebrations.