Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 3 - Meaning behind your Blog Name.

'There is no freedom like seeing myself as I am and not losing heart'.

- Elizabeth J. Canham


According to the Urban Dictionary - Afropean means ' Person who relates both to Africa and Europe. Usually a person of African descent who lives in Europe and has European tastes and tendencies. Also children of both African and European parentage'

The name suits me because I connect with it. I am African born and also of European descent directly (both my grandfathers were half Dutch and German), I am both proud of my African and European ancestry, culture, traditions and heritage, and take nothing away from either of them....Also, since leaving Namibia in 2003, I have lived in Europe since then, I have acquired very European tastes ( which plays havoc on my system when I eat certain African dishes), thought process (yes, that's possible - I think very German at times), language (don't mention French at this point please lol), European education (I went to a German high-school in Namibia and went to a German/Austrian universities)

I feel an equal pull to both Africa and Europe, well to be exact more Namibia and Germany/Austria. Yep yep. Any-who, that's how I came up with the name.

As for Queen, well that comes from the song African Queen by 2 face Idibia. Since I was living in Nigeria at the time, I kept hearing the song so often, that I took it as a sign (could also be because I had met a real life African/Nigerian prince......) and it was during this time that I began this blog so Afro-pean Queen was born.

so ummm yeah, that's it.

Blessings, Love and Queens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!