Thursday, July 18, 2013

Special project

'Tourists don't know where they have been, travelers don't know where they are going.'- Paul Theroux

Morning

After the day spent with my family at Skansen I decided I wanted to see more of Stockholm. I realized I had been 'Living' here for almost 3 years and I haven't really seen that much. So I took it upon myself to play tourist. The first thing I did was to take the metro (Tunnelbana) and take pictures of the artwork. One of the cool things about the Stockholm Metro station is that most of the stations have artwork done and every single station is different.It is said to be the worlds longest art exhibition.  This is such a beautiful unique way to experience art in my opinion as well as to pass the time on an otherwise boring long journey.

Stockholm has 100 Stations. I wont be going to all of them, I will however take maybe 5 or 6 stations per line. Stockholm has 3 lines  - Red, Green and Blue. I will take pictures and has a short description. I do know that there is a guided tour, however this is for me much better as it gives me the freedom I want to go when I want. and since I am a mama I may not be able to go when the tour is on.

I don't only plan on taking you through the Metro but as well as through the old Town Gamla Stan, some Archipelagos, Gardens and Museums as well as anything else I see as interesting to me and hopefully to you.

So come and join me in touring Stockholm!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!