Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Brain Games

'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go'. - Dr Seuss


Hi All

Since my little Miss is turning 1 month soon, here are cute games I cant wait to try with her. Don't know if I told you, but when I was living in Austria, I taught kindergarten and  first grade as well as did some teenage tutoring and worked as a summer camp teacher, (and studied Child Psychology and Social Welfare) so I had tons of little books, flashcards, games and craft ideas. This particular box set, I got in Abuja, Nigeria when I lived there. 

Brain Games for babies, toddlers and Twos by Jackie Silberg

How it looks like inside...

52 Cards

Close up of the cards

The ones for now.....



* Snuggle, buggle, I love you - great game for bonding. Cuddling, snuggling and lots of kisses. 
* Soothing Music - playing familiar music or even taping the dishwasher or washing machine for baby as these sounds are also similar to the sounds of the womb. 
* Where did it go? - this is great for brains capacity to grow. You hold a bright colored object in front of baby and move it side to side and talk about it. This stimulates the baby's sight and helps  with future good visual development. 
* Follow the action - Trying different facial expressions ( blink eyes, stick out tongue, make lip sounds, make contortions with your mouth) and sounds for baby. This is to help develop Baby's vision and hearing. 

So here I am all ready to begin working and this is what little Mama is up to....


I call this her superhero sleeping pose. This seems to be her favorite position to sleep in. 


 So will just have to wait till Maya is more awake, like between 2 am and 8:30 am which is her wide awake times!!!!

Just joking.

Sadly,                                 Not really....

Peace, Love and Growth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!