Wednesday, January 5, 2011

We have yet to meet .....

Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.

- Bishop Desmond Tutu

Hi all,

So, I recently decided that I would be off Facebook for a month and lucky for me I still get notifications through my Hotmail. Just a bit of background to this story. I 'know' 'met' this women through a friend that I have and we began chatting and exchanging life stories and so forth. We both come from Namibia and know the same people, but since I left 8 years ago, my life went in a different direction. So, I told her that I was following The Secret and had minor successes, she told me that it worked beautifully for her. Anyways, I had recently bought The Power and when I was chatting with my new friend she mentioned that it wasn't yet available in Namibia and she couldn't wait to read it when it hit the bookstore, so without much thought, I offered her mine. I didn't know when or how I would get my copy to her, but I just said I will gift it to you. A few weeks later, someone from Sweden was flying home and I asked that she take my copy to my new friend down there and well this morning after 2 months of waiting for the book, my friend through Facebook sent me a message that she got it.

I am trying to think of what the point of this is, and I guess, its just basically, that I felt someone else needed something at a particular moment more than I. Someone who is far away and I have yet to even meet, yet through something as simple and beautiful as a book, I am forever linked. It just makes life much more wonderful all these little steps I took to 'meet' this women, buy this book (for my self) and send it to her, and yet in all respects she is a stranger, yet we are kindred Spirits. Life and God really does work in mysterious ways.


p.s I am not affiliated with The Secret team nor anyone from there, I just love the book and the message it gives.


Blessings and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!