Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hello, you looking for me?

There is no freedom like seeing myself as I am and not losing heart.

- Elizabeth J. Canham



So long

Hello
are you still looking for me?
Am I the same girl, you remember?
I grew up, you know.....

I learnt my lessons now,
can I go on living my own life now?
I am scared to walk out that door
am scared of what is out there
you protected me for so long

Every step seems like my first
every mistake, seems like my best
every error dries my thirst
it seems all I do is make a mess

my flesh, my skin, my own
its all me, isnt it?
This is who I am.
Is this what I look like?

My smile, my joy, my laughter
is that what that is?
this song, that plays in my heart
this medley thats starts with the beating of my heart
so sweet a sound, that I begin
Is that me?

These tears, so salty
so real, they come from me?
its been so long...
I forgot how good I am.
How great my voice sounds
my every flesh and pound
I am proud to say, this is me
Here I STAND.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!