Monday, January 10, 2011

This too Shall Pass - French

I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be.

- Ken Venturi






Hey all,

So what a morning, I have been trying to get hold of my University to register for this year as well as get my results for last year's exams and well, I wrote 4 exams in October and November and I passed 2 and failed 2. I feel down about the 2 that I failed because, well with all my many many many years of studying, I have only ever failed twice, French during my first year and Mathematics during my time studying Business Consultancy. And well it sucks, a lot especially since I am not paying for my studies - The Bank of Mommy and Daddy is footing the bill and we all know how African mothers can be.

But such is life, will just let it go and move forward. Problem is, I am finishing my International Relations and Diplomacy degree and I need to learn a second language and the options given to me are French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish and Afrikaans. I really really REALLY want to learn and perfect French for the selfish reasons that I failed it before (and I refuse to let a language get one up over me) and well.......my dream guy is French and I want to be able to converse with him in his native tongue!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I don't have a guy yet, but in my mind he is French and I NEED to learn it- finished and Klaar)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might, I add, I lived in Austria for 7 and a half years and I speak, understand and can express myself in German, but really what will that help me when my dream Husband (to be) is French and I live in Sweden but that is NOT the point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And the other options are not to my liking, though Italian is not soooooo bad, but I don't think my French husband (to be) will appreciate the fact that I speak Italian as well, German, Swedish and English are ok, but Italian?

What to do, what to do.

ini,mini,myni,mo.......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!