Monday, September 2, 2013

Yummy Egg recipe

'No one who cooks, cooks alone.  Even at her most solitary, a cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, the wisdom of  cookbook writers.'- Laurie Colwin

Hi all

Here we are in September!!!! My word, time is slowly catching up with us, soon it will be Christmas. I have below a wonderful brunch / Christmas morning,  actually any morning recipe for you, that my mom found on a blog that she loves - called One Good Thing By Jillee. 

It was pretty easy to follow. Onto pictures and my ingredients. 

Muffin tray with cupcake papers

Cheese

Eggs (a bit of salt and Cayenne pepper)

Bacon, Red peppers, Yellow peppers, Mushrooms and Aubergine all cut up

Layer the cupcake papers but end with cheese and pour in egg mixture

 Leave a little bit at the top because it will rise

Add more cheese in the end before baking for 18-20 minutes

Yummy and Golden brown

Fluffy 

Crispy and well cooked

My first batch 

Ready to eat

My two batches


I used
- 12 eggs (2 batches of 6 cupcakes papers each)
- half a yellow bell pepper
- half a red bell pepper
- a few mushrooms
- some bacon stripes
- small aubergine
- salt and Cayenne pepper for a kick.
- cupcake papers sprayed with cooking spray

Preheated the oven to 200 and then put these babies in for 20 minutes. When it was time to get them out, I used a toothpick to see if it comes out clean, which it did. The toothpick, I mean.

  According to Jillee, these can be in the fridge for a week, just warm up when ready to eat.

Whats nice about these egg omelet muffins, is the variety of ingredients you can use.

Tip: Line the Muffin tray with two papers each in stead of a single one. I found this makes it much easier to get out. Also, its easier to take out of the cupcake papers when still warm.

Fun FACT: I cant eat these yummy omelettes because I am on day 3 of the Master Cleanse. More on that later. Yay for will power!!!!!!!

Try these and let me know And visit Jillee's page. Its awesome!!!!


Peace, Love and Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!