Thursday, September 19, 2013

Last Nights Supper: Shepherds Pie

'Cooking is like Love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all'.- Harriet Van Horn

Hi all

I am still on the Master cleanse, but am also still making dinners. And last nights' one was a new one for me. I made Shepherds pie. According to my family they all loved it. Here is what I used. 

- Mince beef
- Potatoes for my mash
- Carrots
- Celery
- Onion
- Garlic
- Salt
- Worcestershire sauce
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Tomato Puree
- BBQ Spice (optional)

 Onto the pix I took of my cooking process. 


My ingredients minus the Celery, BBQ Spice and Tomato Puree which I forgot to add to this setup.


Peeled and cut up potatoes. Faster cooking.

Cut up celery and grated carrots

In my pan is oil, onions and celery 

Boiling potatoes in salted water

Frying my onions and celery till brown

Next I added my mince

Then my minced garlic

I browned the mince with the garlic before adding my carrots

My Worcestershire sauce came in now. I was supposed to first add my Tomato puree, but I had forgotten. 

Remembering my Puree and adding in my BBQ spice as well as a little bit of water from my potatoes

When my potatoes were ready I took them out and put into a bowl easy for mashing. Next I added some butter. 

My Parmesan

Potatoes, butter and Parmesan 

My dish

First the mince

Next came my potatoes

All of it, ready to be smoothed over

Smoothed over and ready for the oven

All done!!!! Lovely golden brown and crusty!!!!

Extra Parmesan cheese. 

Yummy goodness. 


I don't know, but ever since I started my Cleanse, my cooking skills are on another level. Very funny indeed.

Please do give this recipe a try. Its so yummy and easy!!!!! Will mos def go into my rotation collection.


Peace, Love and Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!