Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tonight's Supper - Chicken and Chickpea curry with White rice

'There is no sincerer love than the love of food'.- George Bernard Shaw

So I am still on the Master cleanse but because my mom is very busy during the days, I am in the kitchen doing the evening meals. Lets just say, I cook very well, when I cant eat the food. Take for example Sunday morning I had a mad craving for French toast, so I asked my dad if I could make his breakfast for him and I made French toasts, bacon and fried tomatoes. In my heart, I was eating!!!!! I think I shed a tear..... Anyhoo, I got a craving yesterday to make curry. So here is what we are having for supper. I mean, my family, not me. Me I am having water with Lemon juice, Cayenne pepper and Maple Syrup.

My ingredients are
- Chicken
- Can of chickpeas
- Whole onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- Can of Coconut milk
- Turmeric
- Biryani Masala
- Curry powder
- Cumin seeds
- Rice
- Salt to taste
 Here's what I did.  

I dusted the chicken with turmeric and fried that in oil, until golden brown. Not fully cooking, just brown the outside.


My cans 

My spices

Then I removed the chicken, set that aside and added to my oil, the whole onion which I chopped and garlic cloves which I also chopped and minced. I cooked those off until brown as well, before I added my can of tomatoes.

Then I decreased my heat and let the tomatoes cook off, for about 40 minutes. On a very slow heat.


Next I added my spices and let that incorporate into the tomatoes. Cook that for about 2-3 minutes on high heat.


 Chickpeas

Back went in the chicken and chickpeas and mix everything.






Then I added my coconut milk and let simmer for 20 - 30 minutes. Back to low heat.





Voila!!!!! 

Next up was my Rice.
I washed my rice a few times until the water was clear. Than I put it into the rice cooker. Easy Peasy
Supper is ready!!!!!



Than I put it into the rice cooker.

 Easy Peasy
Supper is ready!!!!!



Perfect every time.


All that is left is to plate up and enjoy!!!! Yummy!!!!


Peace, Love and Curry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!