Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Important matters like maybe joining a gym........

The good news is that we are making progress. The bad news is that we're doing too little and moving much too slowly.

- Sam Nunn

Hiya, so I survived Valentine's Day. Nuff said.

The above quote totally fits today's post. I stopped the Yoga and Pilates. Ok, so I didn't actually just stop. I had to go to town everyday last week - job hunting / applications and so forth. And I made the effort to walk. I never once took public transport. I just walked back and forth, so yeah. I did this firstly in order to 'break' in my shoes and secondly, just to see how much walking I could actually manage with 'the limp'. And when I got home, I tried to do some exercises, but boy did that hurt. so ummm, last week. Nothing, Nix, Nada.

I found my Pilates workout whilst living in Abuja, its a Youtube clip called 'Winsor Pilates - Buns and Thighs' and well its great for me, the stretching is fab and even though my bum hurts like crazy the following morning, I kept it up (lol).

As for Yoga, I have the Yoga for Dummies DVD (Actually I have the Pilates for Dummies also, but I prefer the Winsor). So I am at a point here, I personally think I need some professional help, you know like joining a gym and getting an instructor. Only 2 things are stopping me.

1. My bank account is still hating and joining the gym wasn't in the 2011 budget. Believe me, very few things are in the 2011 budget. I am pretty sure, I Am not in the 2011 budget. Don't get me wrong, Its my budget, but I ain't in it.

2. When, I used to wear the built up shoes, it would bother me going into a gym and seeing all these perfect bodies, I really didn't care so much about what the bodies looked like, I was more concerned that they all had normal shoes and I would go into the gym with special shoes, then I would have to explain to my instructor what I can and couldn't do. And I would always feel eyes on me. so half the time, I would go extra early and wear my baggiest pants to cover my legs and then I would leave the gym sweaty and stinky, Because taking a shower in a public place freaks me out and also, taking a shower in itself is another ordeal and I just didn't want people gawking at me, whilst in all my naked glory.

Which brings me to this current state of Affairs. Now that I am wearing proper shoes, I really really REALLY would love to join a gym, however, and this is the weired part, I don't mind the limping (because it is only temporary) but because I am constantly in motion (when I am walking) People don't really see it. But if I were to join a gym (its free for the first month - I figured, I could get 6 gyms all over the city and go every month (I am trying to think if that's illegal or wrong). It doesn't sound wrong to me. But then my Moral compass isn't working right now, what with it being winter and all - it fell in the snow. And desperate times call for desperate measures and Don't Judge Me!!!!!!!!! I am pretty sure you have thought of it at least once or twice. Anyways.

See now, I lost my train of thought.

Ah yes, the gym. Right, so it kinda bothers me a little because its all the memories coming back that I am trying to get over. And I would be constantly worried that maybe people are staring at me, I am pretty shy actually. Its a hidden quality, that not many people, but believe me. I am shy. I really AM. I show it in a loud abrasive manner. But there is really a shy person, hidden in my loud shouting in your face attitude. Its the Tinkerbell in me.

So, what to do? what to do?

Here are some pictures that I found on Pilates and Yoga. Let me just say this, apart from being naturally shy and I am also naturally lazy. I only do certain things if I am really Really Really REALLY in the mood. So I just googled - Pilates and Yoga and pasted the first pictures that came on. Simple and Klaar.

I am off to read about what is illegal and certain grey areas. And just to have a look at exactly what the prison suit for women looks like because I can't rock ORANGE. A light pink,some blue, some green, some light brown, but no Orange. Also, I decided a long time ago, that bars wasn't part of my decor plans ever. Ever. EVER!!!!




Ohhh, I love her hair!!!!!!!!




See the lady, in the second row, picture number 2? I wish!!!!!!!!!!! And the one below her, in white. And actually above her also. Wow!!!!!! Why come I cant do that?
I honestly think, the middle one, is how shall I put this in a lady like manner, she is ummm doing number 2 in the woods. Maybe its just me. But, I don't think I actually need to learn this move.

I bought a ball for these exercises as well.


Ok. ....... Please don't think, I would actually join a gym and keep it moving for 6 months. I am not so off center. At least I hope I am not, there was that one incident in Primary school, but I swear it was Peer Pressure!!!!!!!!!

I am just going to keep on keeping on with the Pilates and Yoga. Until I get my leg stretched and I win the Lotto or free Gym membership. Or date a guy who has his own gym. I would even consider dating a gym instructor.....now there's a thought.

Gotta go, need to check out Match.com or Chemistry.com or Zoosk to find me a gym instructor in my area.

I just realized its a bit sad that I know these dating website.

Peace, Love and No Orange jumpsuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!