Monday, May 18, 2015

Home grown

'We can make a commitment to promote vegetables and fruits and whole grains on every part of very menu.  We can make portion sizes smaller and emphasize quality over quantity. And we can help create a culture- imagine this- where our kids ask for healthy options instead of avoiding them´.- Michelle Obama 


Happy Monday everyone.

So we have a little garden going on and it was time to harvest the spinach leaves. Check out the pix below. 


I asked her to smile for me. (see those tomatoes? almost ready)


I don't even need to look, I got this!!! (watering the herbs - parsley, bay leaves,, chives, rosemary etc)


Concentration is the key


All mine? Before -  little bit sparse


Our spinach area.

After - Lovely and lush


So green and natural


Healthy and yummy


We re-purposed Maya's sand box as a spinach area.  We weren't sure if they would grow and that's why the area is small. But know we know!!!!!

We have eaten about 5 times now from this sandbox in this past 4 months alone. The amount that we get from that is enough for us 7 in the house. Maya and my mom are big spinach eaters.

Man, I lucked out with my child!!!!! Spinach, chickpeas, green beans, baked beans, corn, toast, oranges, grapes, raisins, butternut, pumpkin  are just some of the food that my daughter enjoys. So I guess you know what will be on the menu tonight huh?


Peace, Love and Spinach 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!