Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Last Night´s supper

'For me, cooking is an expression of the land where you are and the culture of that place'.- Wolfgang Puck 

Hi everyone

Couscous. Couscous is a hit and miss in our house. I love it but certain members of my fam (who will remain nameless) don't like it, so I try and cooking with it at least once a year. Last night was that once for 2015. 

This was supper


Colorful and healthy

Ingredients were
- 1 cup couscous
-  small vegetable cube)
- 1 can chickpea
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 1 quarter green pepper diced
- 1 quarter red pepper diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- quarter onion finely chopped
- garlic clove finely chopped
- cumin spice (pinch)
- paprika spice (pinch)
- salt and pepper

What I did

I boiled water and in a large coffee cup mixed that with the vegetable cube to melt. Vegetable stock or chicken stock would  also work. I then, in a large glass bowl placed my couscous and covered with the melted sock. I covered this for 5 minutes with a kitchen towel until the couscous had absorbed the liquid. 

Then I mixed my oil, lemon juice, garlic, onion, cumin, paprika, slat and pepper to make a vinaigrette. 

After 5 minutes when my couscous was ready I used a fork to fluff it up, added my chickpeas, red peppers, green peppers and carrots. Over everything I added my oil mixture. All in all I was good and healthy and yummy. I liked it!!!!! 

Will have to check a new recipe for next year. 


Peace, Love and Couscous








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!