Thursday, March 5, 2015

Last night's supper

'Cooking is about creating something delicious for someone else'.- Ayumi Komura

Hi all

Last night I decided to make a borewors supper. Now borewors is a type of sausage very common in South African and Namibian  cuisine. It can be braai'd (bbq), cooked on the stove top, made into a casserole or even used in a salad.  Anything. Anytime. Breakfast, lunch, supper. So I had some in the fridge and decided I wanted to make the worlds quickest and easiest dinner. Borewors and pasta.  

My ingredients were
- Pasta (spaghetti)
- Borewors (is already spiced)
- 1 onion
- half a bottle of spaghetti sauce (I wanted to finish it)
- 1 can of chopped tomoatoes to add to the sauce
- mushrooms
- oil to fry 
- salt and pepper to taste



My cooking stash


Spaghetti


My wors
Onion


Mushrooms


Half bottle sauce


Salt and pepper


oil


tinned chopped tomatoes




so in oil I sweated off my onion and when it was lightly brown I added my canned tomatoes. I like to cook this down for a good half hour to 45 minutes.



Then I boiled my water for my pasta




 In went my pasta


Next I chopped my borewors into small bite sized chunks


After cleaning my mushrooms I cooked them down with a little bit of butter and salt


Next I browned my borewors






And when the tomatoes had cooked down I mixed into it the remaining pasta sauce and cooked the two together for a further few minutes.  Afterwards added everything to the borewors and combined it all together. A bit of salt and pepper to taste.




Afterwards strained the pasta and dinner was ready.


Hello Kitty pink plate


Check that form (and the red nails)


nomnomnomnom


My dinner




It was All good!!!! Yummy and pretty filling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!!!!!!!